Singapore is a premium education hub with top quality public and private institutions catering to the academic needs of the students across various countries and different backgrounds.
- With a strategic location right in the heart of south East Asia, the influences of the east and the west converge here thus exposing the student to a multicultural environment.
- Singapore is a developed nation with a high standard of living.
- Same standard of education and living at a lower cost as compared to the west.
- Many universities from all over the world have set up campuses and collaborations in Singapore
- Singapore’s National universities like NTU/NUS/SMU are amongst the highly rated universities in the world. Singapore is close to home being just 5 hours away by flight.
- Safety: The Singapore Government takes law and order very seriously and strict action is taken against any offenders as a result of which crime rate is very low. It is considered to be one of the safest destinations in the world.
- The private education is heavily regulated by the Singapore government to safe guard the interests of the international student
- Huge experience in successfully sending students to study at renowned institutions in the Singapore
- Placed numerous students till date.
- Officially represent more than 127 institutions in the UK
- Impartial and ethical advice and services
- Interesting fact – Study Overseas Global set up as a British Company in 1996 was founded by a British national
- Amity University
- Anglo Chinese International School
- Auston Institute of Management & Technology
- AEC College
- Curtin Singapore
- Dimension International College
- ERC Institute Pte. Ltd
- Fortune School of Technology & Mgmt
- FTMS Global Academy
- German Institute of Science & Technology – TUM Asia
- Informatics Group (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- JCU Singapore Pte Ltd
- Kaplan Higher Education Academy
- LASALLE College of the Arts
- Marketing Institute of Singapore
- Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- New York University Tisch School of the Arts Asia
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Nanyang Technological University
- Nanyang Institute Of Management
- National University Of Singapore
- PSB Academy
- Republic Polytechnic
- Raffles Design Institutes & Hartford Institutes
- SP Jain
- Stamford Raffles College
- School D’ Hospitality
- Singapore Institute of Managementn
- Singapore Institute of Commerce
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Stansfield College
- Singapore Management University
- Temasek Polytechnic
- TMC Educational Group
- Tourism Management Institute of Singapore (TMIS)
- United World School Of Business
- University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV)
There are three major intakes in Singapore –
There is an application fee ranging between SG$ 250-500 for applications to most of the PEI’s. The average offer letter turnaround is 2-4 weeks depending on the institution applied to hence it is advised to apply early. Your Study Overseas counselor will help you prepare your admission packet and send it out to these institutions. It is important to send a complete application as incomplete documentation will only delay the process. The main documents required would be all academics, IELTS/TOEFL/PTE, work experience letters if any , LOR (if required by the institution).
The lower costs of living and proximity to home make it an attractive alternative to studying in the United Kingdom or the United States. The PEIs offer degrees from these countries at a much lower tuition fees than at the main campus. The degrees you would get would be similar to if you were studying in the main campuses of these universities in UK, Australia or United States.
The living costs in Singapore are between 12000 to 14000 SG$.
The range of tuition fees for UG and PG programs are outlined below
UG – SG $ 20000 – 30000 per year
PG – SG $ 25000 – 35000 per year
Singapore has been assessed as one of the world’s safest places to live in with its low crime rate, political stability and peaceful people. It is a vibrant place with a strong tourist industry and organized facilities. Students have an array of cuisines, consumer brands to choose from that is suitable all pockets.
Singapore has one of the most efficient, affordable and user friendly transport systems in the world. There are organized systems where people need to form an orderly queue for utilizing the transport services.
There are buses, Mass Rapid Transport (MRT) and taxis to take you to your destination. The MRT network covers the entire city with the train stations strategically located near malls, offices and other public places for easy access. Taxis are plentiful in Singapore and it is easy to hail one at a taxi stand or book on the telephone. Similarly bus stops are within easy access anywhere in Singapore.
Driving in Singapore can be very expensive. Since it is a small country with limited space the Government has limited the number of private owned cars. A permit is required to own a car in Singapore. These permits are quite expensive and one ends up with a car which is three times its actual value.
THE EZ LINK CARD
It is a smart card used for payment of fares for public transport in Singapore. The card reader will automatically deduct exact fares when you board a train or a bus. You can get more information on www.ezlink.com.sg
There are several accommodation options available to students. The institutions will help in organizing the accommodation for you which could be in private apartments or halls of residence.
Students can consider private hostel or renting private housing options like – landed property, apartments, condominiums and serviced apartments. A more affordable option in this category is to rent privately from tenants of Housing Development Board (HDB) flats.
An HDB is a government body providing subsidized and affordable homes of high quality to 84% of Singapore’s population.