Canada’s post-secondary opportunities revolve around a wide range of University options. Throughout Canada’s 13 provinces and territories, there are 72 universities to choose from.
- The cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower than in other countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom.
- A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is globally recognized as being equivalent to those obtained from the United States or Commonwealth countries
- The United Nations consistently ranks Canada as one of the best places in the world to live. As an international student in Canada, you’ll enjoy all of the same freedoms which protect Canadians – respect for human rights, equality, and a stable and peaceful society.
- Since research is one of the key components of a Canadian post-secondary education, you’ll have ample opportunity to become a part of this vibrant aspect of education
- International students with Canadian credentials and Canadian work experience may apply for permanent residency without having to leave Canada
- Ranked as one of the best places in the world to live by the United Nations
- Possibility of Permanent Residency after study
- Post Study Work Permit for up to 3 years after study
- Great experience in successfully sending students to study at renowned institutions in the Canada
- Placed hundreds of students till date
- Officially represent more than 127 institutions in the UK
- Impartial and ethical advice and services
- Alexander College
- Algonquin college
- Brock University
- Canadian Flyers International
- Cambrian College
- Camosun College
- Capiliano University
- Centennial College
- College of New Caledonia
- College of The Rockies
- Concordia University – John Molson School Of Business
- Concordia University, College of Alberta
- Conestoga College
- Confederation College
- Dalhousie University
- Devry Institute of Technology
- Douglas College
- Durham College
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Vancouver
- Fanshawe College
- Fleming College
- Fraser International College (SFU)
- Grant Mac Ewan University
- George Brown College
- Georgian College
- Humber College
- International College of Manitoba
- Kings University College At The University Of Western Ontario
- Kwantlen University
- Lakehead University
- Lambton College
- Langara College
- Loyalist College
- McMaster University
- Memorial University of New Foundland
- Mohawk College
- Mount Allison University
- North Island College
- Northern College
- NYIT – Vancouver
- Okanagan College
- Parkland College
- Red River College
- Royal Roads University
- Selkirk College
- Seneca College
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Sheridan College
- Saint Mary’s University
- St. Francis Xavier College
- St. Clair College
- St. Lawrence College
- Lasalle College
- Le Cordon Bleu
- Thompson Rivers University
- University of Alberta
- University College of the Fraser Valley
- University New Brunswick
- University of Waterloo
- University Of Windsor
- University of Manitoba
- University of Prince Edward Island
- University Of Regina
- University Of Saskatchewan
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Film School
- Vancouver Institute of Media Arts
- Vancouver Island University
- Vancouver Premier College of Hotel Management
The World University Rankings and College Sage’s annual Canadian University Rankings are the main ranking sources in Canada. The primary aim of the rankings is to inform potential undergraduate applicants about Canadian universities based on a range of criteria, classes, faculty, finances, library, and reputation. The rankings are split into three categories: schools that focus on undergraduate studies , schools that have both undergraduate studies and an graduate programs and schools that have a professional medical program and a selection of graduate programs.
Higher Education in Canada
When it comes to university-level education, North America (including USA & Canada) inspires the academic respect and imagination of the world. Names such as Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, MIT, Toronto and McGill have become global education brands.
In the two most influential global university ranking indices (The Times Higher Education Guide and US News), North American universities have a near monopoly on the top 100 places. In addition to the more well-known institutions, the USA & Canada have a plethora of other high quality public and private colleges and universities.
You will find that a US / Canadian higher education adds considerable value to your professional development. It can enhance your career and prepare you for leadership in India or abroad. It will broaden your horizons and expose you to a variety of perspectives, the latest technology, and state-of-the-art research and training. A degree from a US or Canadian institution is a stamp of excellence that is of lifetime value.
There are a number of components in an application for higher studies in USA / Canada – applications forms, test scores, essays, university transcripts and recommendations. You need to know how to create a compelling application and represent yourself well on paper in order to win an interview and acceptance.
Maximize your chances of admission to the Universities of your choice with Study Overseas Admissions Guidance Service. Our admission guidance team will review your application to ensure you make the best possible impression on admissions committees. Consulting is available as a stand alone product or as part of a package with classroom coaching.
There are mainly two intakes- Fall (August) and Spring (January)
- Fall is the major intake as all the university options are open for admission unlike Spring when certain choices are not available.
- Application Deadline- The deadline for submitting the application varies from university to university and course to course. However, it is generally from October to March for Fall intake and for spring intake the deadline is 15 October.
Students have to apply online both for Bachelors as well as Masters and each University has a different fee.
- Sealed & stamped 10th, 11th and 12th Official Transcripts from school
- 2 letter of Recommendations from school teachers.
- Statement of Purpose
- Official Transcripts from University
- Statement of Purpose
- Essays, if required by the University
- Detailed CV
,li> 2 Academic recommendation and 1 from the employer(if the candidate has any work experience)
The cost of education in the Canada varies between the states and the institutions.
Average tuition fees per year range from $10,000 to $20,000 Canadian per annum
Living expenses per year – $10,000-$12,000 Canadian per annum
USP of Canada as a place to live
The United States of America is a federal constitutional republic comprising of 50 states, a multicultural nation with variety of ethnic groups, traditions and values. It’s one of the most favored study destinations for millions of students around the globe. To top it all, US universities offer extensive opportunities for education and internship.
Estimated expenses for Undergraduate and Graduate Courses comprises of two things:
- Tuition Fees
- Living Expenses
Scholarships, Grants, Fellowships are based on the student’s academic performance of international students. Tuition Fee waivers are provided but are strictly merit based so students don’t have to fill any separate form like federal students can do so for availing need based scholarships.
Further, Financial Aid funding is also granted at PG level but again this strictly depends on the students’ credentials.
There are various types of scholarships offered.
Fellowship scholarship – This scholarship is awarded on the student’s ability, competence and performance.
Graduate Assistantship Scholarship – Is awarded for the students who involve in teaching or research assistantship. It can be given as cash, stipend or fee waiver. This is normally called RA or TA
Sports Scholarship – Is offered to outstanding athletes students.
It is always best to stay on campus. Not only are the basic amenities easily accessible but also on-campus life allows students to gradually integrate into the student community under the guidance of peers and staff. If on campus option is not available then one should look for the home-stays or rented accommodation. Home-stays provide family life and are usually cheaper than on campus accommodation. Depending on your location, home-stays usually cost 800-1000USD a month on single occupancy room basis, including meals. Students who decide to rent an apartment can also get valuable help from the university student association.
Some universities have their own credit union or other banking services. Before opening an account, find out which banks are near where you would live and study. It may be difficult to open an account from overseas, so take enough money with you to live on until you can open a US account and arrange for funds to be transferred from home.
Getting ready for different destination and living alone should be prepared with basic necessities. As a student you plan accordingly, prepare a list of things which you will need initially. Make sure your baggage should include seasonally and appropriate clothing, insurance documents, medical prescription back up supply and letter from doctor
It is a good idea to take a few small mementos of home with you – photos of friends and family will brighten your room and remind you of what you’re temporarily leaving behind. Ensure that you have the right clothes to battle the change of seasons.
When you first arrive, it is expected that you will be calling home frequently. It is essential to check your phone’s compatibility with US mobile operators, as some phones don’t work in the US. With diverse choices of handsets and monthly plans, you can enjoy variety in handsets, operators and competitive costs. Since most prepaid connections require a Social Security card, a prepaid connection is cost effective and a convenient alternative.
Internet & Email Access
Usually college campus is fully equipped with Wi-Fi. Students do get access in the college campus. But it’s better to have a personal laptop. You can check out the details at your university’s book store.